Ignore the filter based on drop down list

Ignore the filter based on drop down list

I have an Action list with a dimension in it called 'Status' for each action. The status can be 'open' or 'closed'. This Status is a 'Static entity' and the StatusID is part of the Action list entity.

Now I have a webscreen where i show a list of all actions. On top of the list I want to have a drop down list so users can filter on 'Open' or 'Closed'. I can make this work. The selections gets saved to a variable with Type Status Identifier and then i apply this filter on the preparation. 

So now my question: I also want people to apply NO filter on the list. Therefor i saw i can add items under section 'Special List' of the dropdown charcteristics. But the variable where the drop down is saved to, only accepts StausId identifiers. So this isn't an option...

So does anyone know how bypass the filtering in such case?

Add a single entry in Special List with value=0, option="No".

It will be on top of the Static Entity records and it will pass 0 (NullIdentifier) as its value.

Hi Krooymans,

Share your oml please ..i will provide you solution.

Regards

-PJ-

Nuno Reis wrote:

Add a single entry in Special List with value=0, option="No".

It will be on top of the Static Entity records and it will pass 0 (NullIdentifier) as its value.

Doesn't work mate, if I add your suggestion filter result is "No items to show... " instead of all actionas (open and closed).This makes sense because their is no StatusId with id number 0

1 = Open

2 = Closed

But your way of thinking makes sense, so isn't heir any other character that defines this 0?

Hope you can check again

Solution

Wow, I figured out myself based on your suggestion, I feel i'm moving forward   

Answer:

Step 1) Add a single entry in Special List with value=0, option="No".

Step 2) Adjust the filter in the preparation (Check if the variable = 0) like this: 

Action_status = 0 or Actions.ActionStatusId = Action_status

Hope i can help someone else with this solution!

Solution