Need to customise "Label" property of Human Activity In Process(BPT)

Need to customise "Label" property of Human Activity In Process(BPT)

HI Team,

I am creating a Business Process for internal project, so i need to customise Label Property of Human Activity, which is displayed in TaskBox,but i am unable to customise the label property.

I want to display the Username along with Taskname like ("Label" + Session.UserId) in Label Property of Human Activity.

Kindly help me on this.

Thank you in Advance.

Hi Swaroop,

You say "I am unable to customise the label property". However, that gives very little information. Could you provide some information about what you already tried, and why it failed?

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to display value as an expression ' GetUser(UserId).User.Name" + id ' in Label property of Human Activity, but it was not allowing an expression in "Label", it is only allowing a Text to display.

I wanted to display in Taskbox an expression rather than a text(hard-coded),but i think it is not allowed to add a expression in "Label" property, it only allows a hard-coded text.

I am attaching screenshot related to this.

Thank you in advance

Thanks & Regards,

Swaroop Mutalik

Hi Swaroop,

Thanks for the explanation, that makes things a lot clearer. It is true you can't specifically name the Human Activity, but you shouldn't need to. What you can name is the Process itself, at the Process's properties, section End-User Information, property Detail. Here you can use an expression that shows the unique information for the process. In the Taskbox, it will display below the name of the Human Activity.

Your GetUser(UserId) wouldn't work anyway, as there's only a user attached to the activity after it has been picked up by a user. In the Taskbox it shows when it's not yet picked-up, so the user would always be empty there.

Hi Kilian,

Thank you

According to my functionality, I have to display names of users whose tasks pending, based on that reviewer will perform the task based upon user, so was trying to display the list of users with pending tasks instead of a specified Text(Label) in Task Box.

I think there should a provision to add expression in "Label" property of human Activity, so that we can customise the text what we display in Task-box.

Thank you, was nice interacting with you.

Regards,

Swaroop Mutalik

Hi Swaroop,

Again, the Task Box only shows tasks that haven't been assigned to any user. So you can never, from the Task Box, pick a task from another user, even if you could customize the text (which wouldn't help you in this case, as the text would be customized before it was assigned to a user).

It seems that you need some report instead. In order to make such a report, query the BPT datamodel for the specific processes, filtering on assigned tasks that are older than a certain threshold.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Swaroop,

Again, the Task Box only shows tasks that haven't been assigned to any user. So you can never, from the Task Box, pick a task from another user, even if you could customize the text (which wouldn't help you in this case, as the text would be customized before it was assigned to a user).

It seems that you need some report instead. In order to make such a report, query the BPT datamodel for the specific processes, filtering on assigned tasks that are older than a certain threshold.

Hi Kilian,

I have sent you a private message regarding exact thing what i am looking for.

It was very nice interacting with you.

Thanks & Regards,

Swaroop Mutalik

Solution

Swaroop Mutalik wrote:

The exact issue i am facing is that, I an creating an Appraisal Management System, so I am using BPT for this.So, my intension was that when an Appraiser/Reviwer logs in, he should view name of Subordinate in the task box, rather than plain text about the task, so i tried to customise the Label property so that i can customise the display in TaskBox.Hope that this will be more clearer to you about my issue.

Hi Swaroop,I think I understand what you mean - the reviewer is the actual user and assignee to the BPT process, and the name of the subordinate is the name of the person being reviewed. In that case, the BPT process (of which the Human Activity is just one part) is about that subordinate, not just the Human Activity. So you should set the name of the process , not the name of the activity, to include the subordinates name. In that case, in the Task Box, you will see the name of the Human Activity (e.g. "Review subordinate"), and below it the name of the Process (e.g. "Appraisal of S. Mutalik").

Solution