Deployment is takin too long to publish 

Deployment is takin too long to publish 

  

Hi ,


We have our development team in India and our client hosts OutSystem platform locally in their premises (In Johannesburg, SA) and we are using Citrix Receiver from offshore/India to connect to VMs in clients domainOur main issue is slow response from the platform while using it via VM's.

Deployment is taking too long , can someone please advise or assist here ?

Best Regards

Ankit Sharma

Hi Ankit,

I'm not sure what's being slow here, and how you've set things up. Are you using a Remote Desktop, or are you using VPN? Either way, deployment is not done locally, but on the Platform Server. It doesn't matter from where you tell it to deploy.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ankit,

I'm not sure what's being slow here, and how you've set things up. Are you using a Remote Desktop, or are you using VPN? Either way, deployment is not done locally, but on the Platform Server. It doesn't matter from where you tell it to deploy.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please note ,we are using Citrix Receiver from offshore to connect to VMs(Virtual machines) in our clients domain.

We are not using VPN , as client doesn't want us to use it for security concern.

If deployment is happening on platform server , can we rule out the issue of having low bandwidth and hardware configuration  such as low ram and processor?

Regards

Ankit


Hi Ankit,

I'm not particularly versed in Citrix Receiver, but a quick Google leads me to believe it's like a remote desktop. So it only shows the output of something running on-premise, and the VMs are running on your clients domain. So there's no way that that could cause the problems you have.

Whatever causes slow deployment, must be directly related to the Platform Server.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ankit,

I'm not particularly versed in Citrix Receiver, but a quick Google leads me to believe it's like a remote desktop. So it only shows the output of something running on-premise, and the VMs are running on your clients domain. So there's no way that that could cause the problems you have.

Whatever causes slow deployment, must be directly related to the Platform Server.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks again , it will definitely add value to our analysis.

As you said,

"Whatever causes slow deployment, must be directly related to the Platform Server."

How can we fix this ? As it is related to  platform server ?

Best Regards

Ankit Sharma




Hi Ankit,

Who set-up the Platform Server? Is it on-premise? In the cloud? Who's maintaining it? There's a whole set of guidelines for installing a Platform Server, were they followed? And so on and so forth.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ankit,

Who set-up the Platform Server? Is it on-premise? In the cloud? Who's maintaining it? There's a whole set of guidelines for installing a Platform Server, were they followed? And so on and so forth.


Hi Kilain,

I'll provide details at the soonest .

In the interim, i just know it is on the premise .

Shall give you information tomorrow.

We appreciate your assistance.

Regards

Ankit 

Hi Ankit,

Note that I am of little value actually trouble shooting or fixing problems. The organization responsible for setting up that server must take action. OutSystems can probably help with that too, depending on the contract the organization has.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ankit,

Note that I am of little value actually trouble shooting or fixing problems. The organization responsible for setting up that server must take action. OutSystems can probably help with that too, depending on the contract the organization has.

Thanks once again Kilian.

I'll get requested details by tomorrow and may be you can advise further .

We greatly appreciate your assistance here .

Regards

Ankit


"We are not using VPN , as client doesn't want us to use it for security concern"

This is an interesting view.


anyhow, I suggest to contact your system-administrator to tackle the issue.

it's sounds more like a local issue than VM's.


Hi All,

I have worked with such VMs. Client machines were set up in London and I was working from Pune, India. I was facing problem of slow deployment and this problem gets created due to slow internet connection at client side and network traffic.

Also we had taken help of OutSystems and they had fixed something on client machines.

So my advice is that you need to check with client VMs.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hi ankit sharma I saw a lot of discussions about the problem but first of all what step of publish process are slow? When you click on publish button some steps occur, first upload then compile and databse script update then deploy.


Wich one is slow?