SQL Connect by

I try in cloud .. in the stack dot net the following SQL, mysql:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

SELECT 1990 + level 
from dual
connect by level < 10

Unfortunately there is error: Incorrect syntax near keyword by. The widget i use is SQL.

thank you.

Hi Indra

Can you explain me a bit better what is the database you are trying to connect with? That syntax only works with Oracle and not MySQL.

In Oracle I can't seem to replicate the problem. Can you post here a printscreen of your SQL window and/or the error stack from ServiceCenter?

João Amorim wrote:

Hi Indra

Can you explain me a bit better what is the database you are trying to connect with? That syntax only works with Oracle and not MySQL.

In Oracle I can't seem to replicate the problem. Can you post here a printscreen of your SQL window and/or the error stack from ServiceCenter?

thank you. The database is in the cloud... outsystems, but the stack is dot net.. i do not know exactly what the database is. The error is:

It does look like the database is not Oracle, and if that's the case your query won't work.

Can you try running the following query to see if it works?

SELECT * FROM PRODUCT_COMPONENT_VERSION

If it doesn't work it means that the DBMS is not Oracle.

Can I ask why you are generating the years using a query?

tq. 

Because i want to create a list that contains the years of vehicles to sell. So, i need a query to populate a list. I can us an extended properties of HTML 5, but it it not pop up...like slider...

Can you do it using a cycle and ListAppend? Something like this: