Multiple version of Newtonsoft.Json assembly

Multiple version of Newtonsoft.Json assembly

  

Hello everybody I have a wrong assembly version problem. I have an extension which internally uses Dropbox.Api.dll dll and this in turn uses Newtonsoft.Json inernamente. In an isolated project extension it works perfectly, but when used in a project of mine that has other extensions that use Newtonsoft.Json get an error as if using the wrong version of Newsoft.Json dll. How can I force the platform to use the correct version of the dll Newtonsoft.Json?

Hi Alexandre,

Up to version 9.1 you need to make sure all your extensions use a consistent version in all your extensions. Also note that the platform REST APIs also uses newtonsoft json 5.0.8, so if you module has a REST API the platform will force that version regardless of what is included in extensions.

In version 10, the newtonsoft is included in all applications regadless of REST usage (a version 8.0.x I think, not sure). Integration studio also distributes the dll automatically to prevent multiple versions in extensions and a configuration is added to the applications web.config to force the version used by the platform.


In what version are you having issues?


Regards,
João Rosado

Hello João thanks for answer I'm using this DLL

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Dropbox.Api/

The version is 

I have a integration with Dropbox using .NET SDK. The Dropbox component of forge(official version) use API V1 that need oAuth but I need integrate using access token because I won't have a human interface to make an oAuth authorization.

Actually I was referring the version of OutSystems, so I could try to make a solution suggestion. 


Also, can you paste here the error you get?


Hi João thanks again, I use version 9.1.501.0 of the platform I add the message that i receive.


Hi Alexandre,


Ok, so the method that is failing was introduced around 5.0.x of NewtonSoft.Json ...so what I recommend you is to use the 5.0.8 version in your extensions (since that is the version that you will be forced to use if any of your applications have a REST in them).


To do a quick test if that would work correctly (as they can be more methods in use that changed between 5.0.x and 7.0.x) just open your module and add a REST API to it (anything will do, like a rest call to https://www.google.com/ )
That till make the platform force it's 5.0.8 assembly to be included.


Regards,
João Rosado


João Rosado wrote:

Hi Alexandre,


Ok, so the method that is failing was introduced around 5.0.x of NewtonSoft.Json ...so what I recommend you is to use the 5.0.8 version in your extensions (since that is the version that you will be forced to use if any of your applications have a REST in them).


To do a quick test if that would work correctly (as they can be more methods in use that changed between 5.0.x and 7.0.x) just open your module and add a REST API to it (anything will do, like a rest call to https://www.google.com/ )
That till make the platform force it's 5.0.8 assembly to be included.


Regards,
João Rosado


Hello João thanks for repply, later I will test and I tell you here if work.  My application was stopped and as production was I made a workaround that was exposed web service methods rest on an isolated module where the extension worked perfectly and the other modules consume call this REST.