[Simple Reports PDF] Limit the number of pages
Question
Forge component by Rafael Fantato

I have a problem with respect to the rendering of the information in the Reports Simple, I wonder what the limit of supported pages. I'm trying to generate a more than 300-page report, but I can not. Already I tested it with a little less than half and it worked, but with long waiting.

For anyone that runs into this post, the latest version (currently a development version) allows printing a larger number of pages. Text that exceeds the length of a page is continued on the next page, as long as it is separated into paragraphs <p>.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi, Silva,

The purpose of this component is to simple solutions or simple needs of reporting. 

Single pages, some pages, graphs but not for a huge data 'cause I´m using a frontend solution in this case.

So the split content into pages is done at client side, on his browser.

The logic that I built in this component is:

- I print all content of tables, for instance, at the first page.
- After I init a JS script to parse each line of table to see if it is visible of this page
- If its not, I cut for next page. It is a while until finish to verify each row of this table
- After, I go to second page and verify again each line and cut what it is not visible to the third page
- Until have no more rows to cut
- To keep the table header, I clone the table, remove the rows already printed that I tagged before.

Understand now why it is not for a huge records?

There is not a limit page, but a client browser memory for process this script

Hi Rafael,

We need to print pdf with large number of pages (more than 100 page) and currently have to wait about 1 minute for the page to complete generate. Is there any other suggested component/method we can use?

For anyone that runs into this post, the latest version (currently a development version) allows printing a larger number of pages. Text that exceeds the length of a page is continued on the next page, as long as it is separated into paragraphs <p>.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.