[Employee Onboarding] how navigate around the org chart?

[Employee Onboarding] how navigate around the org chart?

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 20 Oct by OutSystems Labs
8 votes
Published on 20 Oct by OutSystems Labs

the org chart loaded and started at the far left and then moved to the center.  How do I get where I can view the parts of the org chart outside the current view?  Tried click and drag, double click and arrow keys and nothing worked.

Hello, Jason,

You should be able to move left-right by click-dragging in those directions.

Could you share with us how you're testing? Is it a mobile device, such as a tablet? If so, which? If not, which browser are you using? If you're using the browser, are you by chance using developer tools?

Best regards,

Carlos

Carlos - I am using it on my laptop with and without external monitors on chrome.  When I mouse over the chart area the cursor does change to be 4 arrows but when I click and drag, nothing happens.  No, I don't believe I am using developer tools.

Just tried it on a different computer and it worked.  So apparently its my computer/browser/mouse that can't do it.

That's still strange, since I believe we're using a jQuery component to achieve the effect, so it should've worked crossbrowser.

The mouse shouldn't have had any effect, unless by "mouse" you meant something like "touch dragging" (some laptops have touch-enabled screens).

If it's not much trouble, could you share the browser you were using? It will help us reproduce the issue faster on our end, so we can then fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Carlos,

Using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit) and my mouse is a Microsoft arc mouse, not using any touch.

Hmmm, strange: I just installed that very same Chrome version, but am able to slide (I just found out that we can do it by click dragging any of the 3 main mouse buttons).

Still, thanks for bringing it up! We'll be on the lookout for similar occurrences.

Is everything else working well on the Onboarding and Directory applications (this last one is where the Org Chart is located)?