[CameraPreview Plugin] Example usage

[CameraPreview Plugin] Example usage

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2017-02-17 by Rodrigo Coutinho
3 votes
Published on 2017-02-17 by Rodrigo Coutinho

Here's a small example on how to use this plugin.

Cheers,
R

Solution

Here's a new version, to test the new features of the plugin.

Solution

can this be used on the mobile app? can it be opened in side the mobile app inside a box for live view?

Hi Geneo,

Yes, this plugin is for mobile apps. If you install the latest sample app, there's an option that you click and it shows a box with a live preview floating over your app.

Cheers,
Rodrigo 

Cant seem to get  it to open in Android 

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Hi Geneo,

Yes, this plugin is for mobile apps. If you install the latest sample app, there's an option that you click and it shows a box with a live preview floating over your app.

Cheers,
Rodrigo 

Hello Gene,

Unfortunately, as explained in the description, this plugin is for iOS only...

Cheers,
R

Hi Rodrigo,

I keep getting the "CameraPreview is not defined" error message when trying to run the OML you shared through OutSystems Now. Is it necessary to have the app installed on the device?

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Hi Rodrigo,

I keep getting the "CameraPreview is not defined" error message when trying to run the OML you shared through OutSystems Now. Is it necessary to have the app installed on the device?

Yes, you need to create an app... OutSystems Now does not ship this plugin...

Hi I tried to use this plugin, 

its working fine, but the image i get is very low quality, 

i already increase the max-width n max-height param, but still the same..

any ideas?

i basically need to take a picture with some outline so user can take a correct picture

Thanks

Hi Rodrigo,

it sounds that CameraPreview and CameraOverlay are exactly the components which I'll use in an App. But as I'm do not have a lot of experience with Outsystems10 nor with developing Apps for mobile devices I do need a little bit more explanation on how to use these components. The samples within the overall Outsystems10 documentation are very useful but I didn't get them mapped to the usecases CameraOverlay and CameraPreview. Is it possible to provide a documentation like "CameraPreview for Dummies" where the necessary steps are explained? I already did the 32 hours Training (most of it...) but it seems that this is not enough to use the camera stuff... I guess I do need a Screen, some (which?) widgets from the toolbox and have to map the output from the client actions to the widgets. I tried to understand all the docs I found but at the end I got a white screen on my mobile (iPhone) and the error message "CameraPreview is not defined". My hope is that I'll understand the whole architecture and developement process much more better with your help on this case. 

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Hi Rodrigo,

Claus Müller wrote: Hi! Forget this post. I read now that OutSystems Now don't support this function... 

Hi Rodrigo,

it sounds that CameraPreview and CameraOverlay are exactly the components which I'll use in an App. But as I'm do not have a lot of experience with Outsystems10 nor with developing Apps for mobile devices I do need a little bit more explanation on how to use these components. The samples within the overall Outsystems10 documentation are very useful but I didn't get them mapped to the usecases CameraOverlay and CameraPreview. Is it possible to provide a documentation like "CameraPreview for Dummies" where the necessary steps are explained? I already did the 32 hours Training (most of it...) but it seems that this is not enough to use the camera stuff... I guess I do need a Screen, some (which?) widgets from the toolbox and have to map the output from the client actions to the widgets. I tried to understand all the docs I found but at the end I got a white screen on my mobile (iPhone) and the error message "CameraPreview is not defined". My hope is that I'll understand the whole architecture and developement process much more better with your help on this case. 

Rodrigo Coutinho wrote:

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Hi Rodrigo,