Sending email to personal accounts from personal environment

Sending email to personal accounts from personal environment

Hello,

I'm trying to send emails to personal accounts(gmail) from my personal environment. But getting this error all the time:

It is not allowed to send emails from personal environment at all, or I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hi Narmin,

I've been sending emails from my personal environment using my gmail account without problems.

A quick google search seems to suggest that the error you're getting is related to incorrectly formed "To" addresses. How are you specifying the "To" email address?

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Hi Narmin,

I've been sending emails from my personal environment using my gmail account without problems.

A quick google search seems to suggest that the error you're getting is related to incorrectly formed "To" addresses. How are you specifying the "To" email address?

I'm getting email from Contact list directly, here is the whole logic I'm using if it will be helpful to understand:

Hi Narmin,

I send out emails using SendGrid.net, and it works fine.  The nice thing about SendGrid is I can get tracking/open email statistics that I cannot get elsewhere.

Cheers

Oh, one other thing ... to actually send an email, you must configure your SMTP server.  To do that, go into your application, and under "Manage", select "Application Management".  From there, go to the "Administration" tab and "Email" section.  Here you can setup the server, username, password, and other details.

Can you debug the application to check the email address that is being retrieved from the database?

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Can you debug the application to check the email address that is being retrieved from the database?

yes, its taking email from database, and on test email it shows which address it has been sent to, but I don't receive.

FCC Webmaster wrote:

Oh, one other thing ... to actually send an email, you must configure your SMTP server.  To do that, go into your application, and under "Manage", select "Application Management".  From there, go to the "Administration" tab and "Email" section.  Here you can setup the server, username, password, and other details.

I've configured SMTP, there is no problem with sending, problem is receiving the mails. Also, I'm receiving the mails in test email

Email page is in Main Flow and its not connected to any page, is that can be a problem? I still couldn't find the solution

Should not matter.  The only thing you need is to make sure the email is actually being created.  I might suggest just a test action who's only action is to send the email.  Just to test that you can send emails.  I bet it turns out to be something silly, like a bad password on the SMTP settings, perhaps.