Assign an image to an Entity

Assign an image to an Entity

I have a picture entity, imported from the base entity in the Advanced menu of the entity.

The picture entity contains the Id of the base entity, the Picture (binary), a Filename and a Filetype.

In the Interface-tab under Images I have uploaded some pictures.

Now I want to assign these pictures in a program (used for bootstrap) to the appropriate records of the base entity. So first I retrieve the Id of the base entity and then I want to assign the picture to the Picture attribute.

How can I do this? The image has a logical name and a Runtime Path. Is there a function to "load" the image as binary data that I can assign to the Picture attribute?

Best Regards,

Peter Nijhuis

Solution

Hello Peter,

One alternative is to upload your pictures as Resources ("Data" tab). You'll then have direct access to them as binary data variables, so your assignment's Value would look something like this: Resources.MyImage.

Solution

Hello Aurelio,

With Resources it's a piece of cake.
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Peter.

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Hello Peter,

One alternative is to upload your pictures as Resources ("Data" tab). You'll then have direct access to them as binary data variables, so your assignment's Value would look something like this: Resources.MyImage.