Cannot access site properties from an Expression in P10 native

Cannot access site properties from an Expression in P10 native

It appears to me that one cannot access site properties in an expression in P10 native.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

---Erik

Hey, Eric, just tested on my PE (v10.0.105.0), and it works fine...

Joao,

It looks like your screen shot is from the p10 web environment and not the p10 native environment. My issue is in the native environment. Can you confirm?

Thanks,

---Erik

I'm sorry, I don't you mean by native and web environment. We only have, from what I've been told, the Service Studio as the IDE.

Solution

Hi Erik,

I am not sure about it, but I remember I saw some discussions on early program access regarding site properties in the mobile apps.

Site properties are only available on the server side. But expressions run on the client side.

You can use a server action to get the value of this site property.

If you need to get this value on client side even in offline , you could during initialization of your app, get the value of this site property using a server action and save this value in a Local Table. This table will be like a local site property for your entire app.

Best Regards

Fabio

Solution

Much clearer now Fantato. :o)

I believe I've seen this discussion you mentioned as well...

Thanks for the advice. I guess that all makes sense, but I wish it was a little easier to orchestrate. Part of me thinks: it would be nice if site properties were pushed down locally automatically. Does anyone else agree - or are people putting tons of useless information into site properties??

Thanks,

---Erik