How can I access my server database using SQL Management Studio

How can I access my server database using SQL Management Studio

Hi,

I am trying to access my database from outsystems using External App like "SQL Management Studio". Is anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,

Aldrin

Hi John,

As far as i know, you can't directly access the DB from cloud. This serves as a security for your personal environment.

Kind regards,

Cy

Hi Cy, 

Thanks for you reply, But were using a license environment. Is that the same as personal environment?

regards,

Aldrin

Hi Aldrin,

What do you mean by licensed environment? Sorry, I assumed that your question is for the personal environment. It depends on the structure of the environment that you want to access regardless if its on-premise or on cloud. You can ask for your administrator of the server or the support engineer to open the port for SSMS.

Kind regards,

Cy

Hi Cy,

So you mean, It is possible to ask for assistance from support engineer to give us access to cloud database server. I thought there are easy way to access those things. 

Thanks for the info.

regards,

Aldrin

Hi Aldrin,

You can certainly connect to the Database , it is same like you do for other database to connect using their client (Management Studio in your case) . You just need to provide the details of your database server like its Host Ip user name \password etc.

You can get the details of your database server by looking at the configuration tool of Outsystems.

Regards

-PJ- 

Hi PJ,

Yeah, That's probably I am looking at. Is it possible for you to elaborate more where can I find the configuration tool of outsystems? I've been looking for a while on outsystems but can't find the any.

Thanks for your reply! It seems, I will continue searching for the this one knowing that it is possible for outsystems.

Regards, 

Aldrin

Solution

Hello John,

Configuration Tool is a server-side tool used to configure your OutSystems server. If you are on the OutSystems Cloud, you will not be able to access this tool as the servers are managed by OutSystems.

If you are on the OutSystems Cloud, Cy is correct, you will need to contact OutSystems to provide you with the needed credentials and endpoints to access your environment's database. We do not yet have a self-service way to do this, I'm afraid.

I hope this has cleared any confusion on this topic.

Best regards,

Ricardo Silva

Solution

The configuration tool installed with your Outsystems environment , you can find this tool in the same server where your Outsystems environment is setup.

Type in [configuration Tool] in Run prompt.See the screen shot . 

Regards

-PJ-