[Toupeira] Demo, screenshots, difference between other component

[Toupeira] Demo, screenshots, difference between other component

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 12 May by Carlos Alfaro
3 votes
Published on 12 May by Carlos Alfaro

Hi Carlos,

Component seems like a nice one (from the description), can you a some screenshots so I could see how the applications looks?

What is the difference with this component:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/947/site-properties-management/

Kind regards,

Evert

Hi Evert,

From trying this component, it looks like what it does is:

- List Site Properties, WS References and Timer Schedules;

- Export them to Excel.

Tiago,

It's more that I would like to see what it looks likes/how its works before installing it into the environment. There already is a component for this, only it got no export.

Is there another security added besides the SC login? Not all developers should be able to 'check' all values/options.

Kind regards,

Evert

Evert,

I've already uninstalled this but there is no other security besides using SC login.

It has a dependency of another forge component "Extended Metamodel" (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2146/extended-metamodel/) which might need a closer look too. Another caveat, altogether this was something like 100 AOs.

Solution

Hi All,

Sorry for taking so long to answer your questions, things been kind of hectic lately.

This application does only what was mentioned, it lists the Site Properties, WS References, REST References and Timer Schedules, and allows to export them to Excel.

It was made as a quick tool to help in several infrastructures that still do not use Lifetime and still wanted to have an integrated overview of all this configuration information. In these scenarios, it was not required to limit access to the data, although it could be done by integrating with the SC security tables.

The problem with the excessive AOs consumed by the Extended Metamodel component, identified by Tiago, has been corrected - thanks for the heads-up, all these new developments were published in a hurry.

Hope this helps.

CA

Solution

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for your reaction, gives a lot of insight because of the 'non lifetime' remark.

Great work, and reaction is quick enough. I would suggest to set you comment also in the component description.

Kind regards,
Evert