[Active Directory] Create a user on a specific OU
Question
Forge component by Renato Pauleta

Hi,

I am trying to create a new user on AD using the Active Directory component. I've created a new user but I needed admin privileges to do it and the new user was created on the OU Users.

Is it possible to specify the OU where we want to create a user and have permissions to create users only on that OU (instead of having admin privileges)?

Thanks,

Vânia

Hi Vânia,

You'd need to make a few changes. Most of the component methods use AD_SetGlobalDomain action and it's what defines the context in which changes are done to the AD. It was done this way to be simple, but I see your point.

The changes include changing the .NET code by extending the AD_SetGlobalDomain action to also capture the OU. Finally in the ActiveDirectoryCore module, in service studio, you'd need to make sure that the AD_UserCreate action also has some adittional input parameters such as OU, Username, Password (so you can save with different users).

Personally, I'd like to extend the code myself, I feel it's a good adition to the component, but I don't know when I'll have the time. If you're able to do it, let me know, I'd be happy to release a new version.

Thanks for your input.

Renato.

Hi Renato and Vania,

Have the changes been implemented?

No changes on my side.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.