[Concurrent Publishing] eSpace still locked after several hours

[Concurrent Publishing] eSpace still locked after several hours

Hello,

Yesterday, I've tried to publish a version of an eSpace which was taking too long, so I aborted it.

However, I am unable to further commit since the eSpace is still locked due to my first attempt of publishing, even though I'm several hours ahead (almost a full day).

Here's the message I'm receiving:

Concurrent PublishingYour eSpace is currently being locked by another operation. Please try again later.
User 'caio.santana' is publishing eSpace 'x' since 23/02/2017 15:17:23.

How to unlock this eSpace? Please help.

Hi Caio,

Restart the Deployment Controller Service.

João Neves wrote:

Hi Caio,

Restart the Deployment Controller Service.

Hi João Neves,

How can I find the Deployment Controller Service? TIA.

JJ

Hi Julius,

The Deployment Controller Service is one of the OutSystems services running on the Platform Server.

On .NET stack, in order to restart it you need to open the Services Windows application, select the OutSystems Deployment Controller service and click Restart (or, in a command line type: net start "OutSystems Deployment Controller Service")

On the Java stack, you can use the command service ... restart (where ... is the name of the controller service, which I can't recall right now and I don't currently have access to a Java-stack installation. You can check the status of the OutSystems services with the command service outsystems status)

Isn't it possible to also restart it from LifeTime? I recall having a button there to restart the services (can't confirm right now which ones...)

I have the same problem. It has been locked by another operation.

Sandra Vergara wrote:

I had the same problem, then Reployed Published Version.  Iwent into ServiceCenter, in Factory > eSpaces and selected my module, then selected the button Redeploy Published Version.  It deployed immediately, then I was able to go back into Service Studio and deploy successfully.

Stuart Harris wrote:

Sandra Vergara wrote:

I had the same problem, then Reployed Published Version.  Iwent into ServiceCenter, in Factory > eSpaces and selected my module, then selected the button Redeploy Published Version.  It deployed immediately, then I was able to go back into Service Studio and deploy successfully.

Same here, we had a similar problem and Support suggested this as a fix which worked. Generally now if we have any publishing issues the first thing we try is republish from Servicecenter, same goes for deploying between environments, if there is an issue download a solution from one environment and upload to the next. Seems to clear locks and some meta data problems.