Training sidebar exercises question

Training sidebar exercises question

I'm following the Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps learning course and I'm struggling with the Sidebar exercise. I completed this exercise but found that the Mobile App behaves other than expected.

When the "Search" sidebar is opened using the icon (top right) the sidebar closes when using the "Close Sidebar" button on the sidebar. This works as expected, but when the sidebar is opened with a swipe (from right to left) the sidebar doesn't close with the "Close Sidebar" button.

The on-click action of the button changes a local variable named "ShowSearchSidebar" using a client action "ToggleSidebar". With the on-click action the local variable is set to "False".

I assume that the sidebar only closes when the value of the local variable changes. Other said when you open the sidebar using swipe the local variable "ShowSearchSidebar" is not set to "True" but remains "False" and when pushing the "Close Sidebar" button the varialble is not changing and doing nothing.

Now the question, how to set the local variable when swiping the Search Sidebar? Sofar I didn't find any event where to execute the client action "ToggleSidebar" on a swipe action.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Regards, Peter

Solution

I figured it out with some tips from the forum. At this moment the "OnToggle" event is missing on the interaction\sidebar widget. The solution was to clone the MobilePatterns, add the event manually and finally add the event to the "GestureEnd" server action (between the two "Assigns" and before the "End" at the bottom).

The event is planned to be released soon. Since adding events is a breaking change, there is a need to release it with cara according to the form info. 

Link to forum topic
http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21787/issue-with-os10-mobilepatterns-interaction-sidebar/

Regards, Peter

Solution