join of internal and external database tables

Hi,

I am an Outsystems beginner. I am able to connect to my external database without any problem, but how do I join an internal Entity (User) with an external one (which has the logical database field in the advanced tab filled). I tried to join with an Aggregate and with an SQL, no success. If joining internal and external entities is not possible, what is the most efficient way to show results in the UI that combine the data from the two tables?

Thanks,

Denis.

HI Denis,
Welcome to the community :)

You can see the executed query from outsystems Test query and check what query is being created in the background . Yo can also try to execute that query from any client tool and can see what exactly the issue is .

As per my knowledge Sql Server support join in two different database if they are on the same server.

Regards

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

HI Denis,
Welcome to the community :)

You can see the executed query from outsystems Test query and check what query is being created in the background . Yo can also try to execute that query from any client tool and can see what exactly the issue is .

As per my knowledge Sql Server support join in two different database if they are on the same server.

Regards

-PJ-

Is that true?

Let us say you have a User table in SystemDB and AvailableFeatures table in FeaturesDB. When I try to join these two tables in an aggregate, I get a "Invalid Aggregate: Aggregate cannot join data from multiple databases. Change it to only use entities from a single database." message.

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

even if both DB are in the same server you need to user advance query to access it instead of Aggregate. Keep in mind you need to use the catalog and schema name to reference the tables of the external table.

Btw when you see this really old posts is always better to create a new post with your question and if needed reference the old one with a link

Regards,

Marcelo