Hi Outsystems Community :),

The download of the Excel is already activated by clicking on another button by the widget Widget_Click.

So what I've tried is to do the same within this Widget_Click action.

But that didn't work.

I want to get navigated to another screen after downloading a document.

Some of you that got experience on this problem?

Hi Stan.

What's the method you're using in your link/button?It should be Submit, and it seems you're using Navigate or you're getting an error and being redirected to another page defined on your error handling flow.

I would need more information to be sure, but for now, you can check those things I mentioned.

Hi Stan,

From what I understand you already have a button bound to an action (1st action) that does a Widget_Click on another button. This other button is bound to an action (2nd action) that will do the download.

If that is the case, what I think you need is to run some javascript in the 1st action besides the Widget_Click. The action should thus be like this:

The javascript inside of it should be something like this:

"setTimeout(function (){
        window.location.pathname = 
             '" + EncodeJavaScript(GetEntryURL("AnotherScreen", GetEntryEspaceName()))+ "';
}, 2000);"

This will start the download and redirects to another screen after some time.

See if that works.

Cheers,

José

Solution

Ok, I already had a solution sorry for not uploading.

What i did wrong was that I put the hidden butten into a container and named that container. So I then named my button and selected my button.Id instead of the container.

Rookie mistake.

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi Stan,

From what I understand you already have a button bound to an action (1st action) that does a Widget_Click on another button. This other button is bound to an action (2nd action) that will do the download.

If that is the case, what I think you need is to run some javascript in the 1st action besides the Widget_Click. The action should thus be like this:

The javascript inside of it should be something like this:

"setTimeout(function (){
        window.location.pathname = 
             '" + EncodeJavaScript(GetEntryURL("AnotherScreen", GetEntryEspaceName()))+ "';
}, 2000);"

This will start the download and redirects to another screen after some time.

See if that works.

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

I'm trying your solution but can not get results. I get either the download window or the webpage, according to the postion in the action. If I put first the javascript I will get the webpage, If I put javascript and the download at the end of action, will get the download window.
I'm Using Ultimatepdf to get the pdf.

Hi John,

Have you tried increasing the value 2000 to some other value?

Cheers,

José