[In-App Notifications Mobile] Push notifications

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2017-09-15 by Labs
5 votes
Published on 2017-09-15 by Labs

Is it possible to use In-App Notifications Mobile to send Push notifications? 

Solution

Hello Adrian,

The component In-App Notifications (Mobile and web) only allows you to send and receive notifications inside the app.

However, you can also use a component to send Push notifications (like Pushwoosh or OneSignal) with it.

To send an In-app notification, you need to use an action called "SendNotification". In the following example, right after I sent the notification to the user via this action, I also sent a push notification via PushWoosh:

Hope it helped.

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Solution

Thank you for your answer!

you can also try https://zetpush.com/

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Adrian,

The component In-App Notifications (Mobile and web) only allows you to send and receive notifications inside the app.

However, you can also use a component to send Push notifications (like Pushwoosh or OneSignal) with it.

To send an In-app notification, you need to use an action called "SendNotification". In the following example, right after I sent the notification to the user via this action, I also sent a push notification via PushWoosh:

Hope it helped.

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Hi Samuel,

Please do you have any info if Pushwoosh is good in terms of Data privacy?

I just saw some info on Onesignal and apparently they are selling data to advertisers and research companies.

Thanks,

Aian

Hello Aian,

As I mentioned, this component does not send push notifications, so I'm are not aware of the Pushwoosh or OneSignal policies.

I know that some companies (including OneSignal) have changed their policies to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation law (GDPR), but apart from that, I don't have any more information.

Have you asked that question on the OneSignal component?

Cheers,

Samuel

Aian Fajardo wrote:

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Adrian,

Hope it helped.

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Hi Samuel,

Please do you have any info if Pushwoosh is good in terms of Data privacy?

I just saw some info on Onesignal and apparently they are selling data to advertisers and research companies.

Thanks,

Aian

Hi guys,

Do you know if is it possible to use Azure Notifications?

Thanks

IB

Hello Ivan,

What are you trying to achieve? To use Azure Notifications as a backbone of this component, or to receive Azure Notifications in the component? 

Cheers,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

The customer already has Azure Notifications implemented for another APP in Xamarin, but now we are building an APP in OutSystems and they asked if is it possible to use it.

Thanks

IB

Hello Ivan,

This component was created not to be used as push notifications, but in-app notifications, that can be sent in real-time to users. In my previous answer, what I did was t use a component to send push notifications.

From what I understand, what you need to do is to receive the push notifications from Azure Notifications and show them in the users' app. Although this component is not "ready" to do that, if you find a way to get the messages, you could use this component to show them inside your app.

However, in order to do that, I believe that you would need to create a connector to receive the push notifications, similar to the OneLogin or PushWoosh.

Cheers,

Samuel