Uncaught ReferenceError: OutSystems is not defined

Uncaught ReferenceError: OutSystems is not defined

  

Hi,

Suddenly my website is not working properly, I am getting a java script error ("Out systems is not defined")

It was working properly up to last Friday. 


Hello Sekar,

Is this the only application in this server that is having this behavior?
Did you upgraded the server?
Is the License still valid?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Jauch,

We are new to outsystems, Actually i didn't touched anything today.

I have opened the service studio and run the application, i am getting this error.



Hi Sekar,

Well, something changed from Friday to today :)
Maybe someone else have made a change to the server?

Verify the license, if it is still valid (probably is).
Than, refresh all references in your application, and see if there is any missing references, like SilkUI, a theme, etc.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Jauch,

license is valid, and i have checked reference too. Its all upto date. Let me try updating service studio version.

Hi Sekar,

Usually, reference errors mean that something that should be there, isn't. So, as a first guess, I would say that there is something missing. 

Check if Silk UI Web is installed, and if the Template you are using are also installed.
You can also try to do a small application, with a single page to see, if it works.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Jauch,

The issue is like I have a table in my home page its working fine,

When i click on the record, it will take to the details page.

Details page i am getting the java script error.

I have upgraded the service studio version to 10.0.613.0, still i ma getting the same error.

Ok, so, it is not the application, just a single page.

When I get some weird error I can't figure out what is, the first thing I do is to copy the screen, to a new one, delete the previous and rename the new one to the name of the old one. 

I don't know why, but twice my screen code got "corrupt" and doing this was enough to make it work again.

In any case, you can check to see if you are using something "different" in that screen that can be the cause of the error. If not, maybe this small trick will solve the problem.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

thanks Jauch,

Let me try that from my end.

I raised a support ticket for that. 

Thanks for the help Jauch

Hi Jauch,

Issue is fixed. When i run the application today morning, i didn't get the error.

Not sure how it got fixed.

I have asked the support team , they might have fixed it.

Solution

Hello Sekar,

Glad to hear.

Almost sure that was a "corrupted" screen. Happens sometimes. 

Could also be something wrong with session, that got solved after the session expired.

Would be nice to know, anyway. If you find out. :)

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Solution

I know this was already solved, but I wanted to note the steps I took to resolve the issue, which was also apparently a corrupted build. I associated the affected module to a solution, and then republished with a full compilation. This cleared up the issue immediately and now all JS and other front-end resources are properly loading.