Invalid object name 'OSSYS_PARAMETER'

Hi,

I was tasked to create an On-Premises (v10.0.604.0) outsystems platform server setup, however, when I clicked on 'Apply and Exit' on the OS Configuration Tool, I encountered an error (kindly see the attached config tool log file).

Here's the (like) summary of the error:

2017-08-18 10:14:58.8838 [3844] [ERROR] Error executing ExecuteReader (Invalid object name 'OSSYS_PARAMETER'.) with statement:

2017-08-18 10:14:58.8838 [3844] [ERROR] SELECT 0 FROM OSSYS_PARAMETER WHERE 0=1

2017-08-18 10:14:58.9464 [3844] [ERROR] Version string portion was too short or too long.

Hi Jgab,

Did you follow the installation checklist?

Could you please check if entity OSSYS_PARAMETER in your database?

Before Apply and Exit you should configure session and sys database.

Hope it helps you!

Checklist can be found here:

http://www.outsystems.com/home/downloadsdetail/104/1920/

I believe that you missed the following task:

Configure Platform Server settings with the Configuration Tool  - Platform Database

Please confirm it, otherwise would be a OS support case.

Hi Daniel,

That same document is what I've been following.

The error occurred in my Local VM as well as in Azure VM.

I'll try to perform from the beginning of the steps of installation again just in case.

Will let you know once I got something.

jgab wrote:

Hi Daniel,

That same document is what I've been following.

The error occurred in my Local VM as well as in Azure VM.

I'll try to perform from the beginning of the steps of installation again just in case.

Will let you know once I got something.

jgab - did you find a resolution to this? We're experiencing the exact same issue. Thank you!

jgab wrote:

Hi,

I was tasked to create an On-Premises (v10.0.604.0) outsystems platform server setup, however, when I clicked on 'Apply and Exit' on the OS Configuration Tool, I encountered an error (kindly see the attached config tool log file).

2017-08-18 10:14:58.8838 [3844] [ERROR] Error executing ExecuteReader (Invalid object name 'OSSYS_PARAMETER'.) with statement:

2017-08-18 10:14:58.9464 [3844] [ERROR] Version string portion was too short or too long.

Hi Jgab,

How did you resolve this issue ? Please let me know I have the same problem.

Hi Prakash - we ended up getting the following response from OutSystems support that solved this issue in our particular case. I hope it's useful to you as well:

-----------------------------------

The error that you are observing occurs because the Service Center compilation is causing the compiler to exceed its timeout, which is 10 minutes by default.

To overcome this issue, you can temporarily increase the compiler timeout by performing the following steps:

Run this query in the environment database: SELECT * FROM ossys_Parameter WHERE NAME = 'CompilerService.CompilerTimeOut'

If the previous query doesn't return any results, please execute this query: INSERT INTO ossys_Parameter (NAME,VAL) VALUES ('CompilerService.CompilerTimeOut',1800)

If the query in step 1 returns one result, please execute the following query: UPDATE ossys_Parameter SET VAL = 1800 WHERE NAME = 'CompilerService.CompilerTimeOut'

Restart the Deployment Controller service.

After increasing the compiler timeout and restarting the service, run the Configuration Tool again to install Service Center. We're increasing the timeout to 1800 seconds (30 minutes) to give more time for the compiler to finish compiling Service Center.

It's not common for Service Center compilation to exceed the compiler timeout. Therefore, we recommend you to check if your machine respects the OutSystems platform system requirements (https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Archive/9.1/OutSystems_Platform_system_requirements) and if the server is correctly configured according to the Installation Checklist (http://www.outsystems.com/goto/checklist-9.1-NET). The most relevant configurations are the ones related to the Service Center application pool recycling

Prakash Behera wrote:

jgab wrote:

Hi,

Hi Jgab,

Joseph Ryan wrote:

Hi Prakash - we ended up getting the following response from OutSystems support that solved this issue in our particular case. I hope it's useful to you as well:

The error that you are observing occurs because the Service Center compilation is causing the compiler to exceed its timeout, which is 10 minutes by default.

To overcome this issue, you can temporarily increase the compiler timeout by performing the following steps:

Run this query in the environment database: SELECT * FROM ossys_Parameter WHERE NAME = 'CompilerService.CompilerTimeOut'

If the previous query doesn't return any results, please execute this query: INSERT INTO ossys_Parameter (NAME,VAL) VALUES ('CompilerService.CompilerTimeOut',1800)

If the query in step 1 returns one result, please execute the following query: UPDATE ossys_Parameter SET VAL = 1800 WHERE NAME = 'CompilerService.CompilerTimeOut'

Restart the Deployment Controller service.

After increasing the compiler timeout and restarting the service, run the Configuration Tool again to install Service Center. We're increasing the timeout to 1800 seconds (30 minutes) to give more time for the compiler to finish compiling Service Center.

It's not common for Service Center compilation to exceed the compiler timeout. Therefore, we recommend you to check if your machine respects the OutSystems platform system requirements (https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Archive/9.1/OutSystems_Platform_system_requirements) and if the server is correctly configured according to the Installation Checklist (http://www.outsystems.com/goto/checklist-9.1-NET). The most relevant configurations are the ones related to the Service Center application pool recycling

Prakash Behera wrote:

jgab wrote:

Hi,

Hi Jgab,

Hi Joseph,

In my case, this is a fresh installation. Servicecenter has not been installed at all. I am unable to apply and exit on configuration tool.