[DynamicBreadcrumbs] Dynamic

[DynamicBreadcrumbs] Dynamic

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2017-08-10 by João Nobre
1 vote
Published on 2017-08-10 by João Nobre

How dynamic is dynamic?

For example when I have a page (page3) where I can go from 2 different pages (page 1 or page 2), would it also be possible to use this component?

When the screenname changes, do I also need to update the records in the table?

Kind regards,
Evert 

HI Evert,

It is dynamic since it is generating the breadcrumb according to what is on the table (if you add more items or change the relationship between them, the breadcrumb will change and will display data accordingly).

If you have page3 and there you have two links (for page1 and page2), you will have a father page (page3) and two childs (page1 and page2). Yes, you can use this demo for this case.

Just setup your table where Items: page1 and page2, will have the parentId of item page3.

Yes, if the screenname changes you will have to update the correspondent record on the table.

I hope I was able to answer your questions,

Best regards,

João Nobre

Hi,

I meant to do it the other way, so page1 and page 2 are both parent for page 3. When you are at page 3 how do you now which parent you'll need to show in the breadcrumb?

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi Evert,

The demo is only considering a more linear structure where each page has one parent and only one. 

I will give some thought to your requirement and this could be a good idea to implement in a future version. Anyway feel free to give a try and improve this demo.

Best regards,

João Nobre

Hello João,

Would be a nice one indeed. Thanks for the clearyfication.

Kind regards,
Evert