[WebService Proxy] Portuguese characters

[WebService Proxy] Portuguese characters

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2015-01-07 by Paulo Garrudo
1 vote
Published on 2015-01-07 by Paulo Garrudo

Hello ,

When using webservice trace, i cannot display portuguese characters from the web service response (i get a ? - question mark inside a diamond). If i dont use webservice trace there is no problem with portuguese characters

Is there a solutiuon for this?

Thank you

António Barroso

Hi António, 

On the Proxy Preparation action you have the HTTP Post. There you define the content type for your post. In the version that i am running i have "text/xml", and works fine, but you can "play" with that content type in order to go into what you need, for instance, "text/xml;charset=utf-8".

Hope it helps.

João Sousa wrote:

Hi António, 

On the Proxy Preparation action you have the HTTP Post. There you define the content type for your post. In the version that i am running i have "text/xml", and works fine, but you can "play" with that content type in order to go into what you need, for instance, "text/xml;charset=utf-8".

Hope it helps.

Hi João,

thank you for your reply.
i did what you suggested but it diddn't work. Do you have any other ideia about how to fix it?

thank you

António Barroso

Hello,

can you specify the characters you cannot get properly from the webservice?

have you tried different types of charsets ?

Cheers

Vincent Colpa wrote:

Hello,

can you specify the characters you cannot get properly from the webservice?

have you tried different types of charsets ?

Cheers

Hello,

I finally fixed it! 

I changed the preparation action of the Proxy page.
The "Download" item at the end of the flow has an input  parameter named "File Content". The value shoud be "TextToBinaryData(HTTPPost.Response,"utf-8")" instead of "TextToBinaryData(HTTPPost.Response)".

Thank you

António Barroso