Show two different lists on same textbox

Show two different lists on same textbox

Hello,

I have two lists as ListA and ListB.

When user types in textbox, I want to show ListA and when user double clicks on textbox, I want to show ListB.

How do I achieve this?

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hi Suraj,

My suggestion is to use Jquery to capture the double click event on your textbox:

$("input:text").dblclick( function(){
$("#btnToRefresh).click()
});

When event is triggered you can trigger a hidden button click to refresh via ajax your screen.

Hope it helps you,

Daniel Martins.

HI Suraj,

Daniel's suggestion should work , you have to catch the event and based on that you can get the list from db. I think you can use the fake notify widget from RichWidgets to call your action.

Regards

-PJ-

Thanks Daniel and Pramod.

Sorry for the incomplete info. I need this for autocomplete.

When user types in textbox, I want to show ListA in autocomplete and when user double clicks on textbox, I want to show ListB in autocomplete.

Current behaviour of text box allows to show only one list on double click or typing from textkox.

Please advice.

Hi Suraj ,

When you say two list you mean different data ?

for example when you are tying in you may need data from entity A and when you are double clicking op it you need data from entity B?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Yes you are right.

When I am typing data should come from entityA and when I am double clicking data should come from entityB.

Apart from the technical side of things, may I add this would make for a very, very bad user experience?