Crystal Reports

Hi, i would like to know if it is possible to use reports(crystal reports), created with the dll available inside of the Visual studio .net 2003 on my project. In visual studio i followed some tutorial that i've founded on the web and created a report, this tutorial uses a Web Application Project, so no problems so far, the report worked, and i can see it on my browser, but now i want tho use the report that i've created inside my oml source, is this possible? How?

Thanks,
Hello Ricardo,

You can check the post 'Crystal Reports server-side export to PDF'.
The solution uses an already built rpt report which is call by the application and generates an excel or pdf file (you can show them on a web page).

In attach you'll find an OutSystems Extension that implements the methods for generating the Excel or PDF files.

Best regards,
Pedro Delgado
Hello, thanks for your reply.
I developed a solution similary to the one you posted, but in my solution the report uses a dataset. This dataset is received in xml through a message queue, and then i convert it to the dataset the report expects. So in my class library i 've to create an instance of the Report, fill the report with the dataset, and then generate the pdf and download it.
But i´m not satisfied with this solution, since my class library has to know all the reports that i might have in my application, and every time i create a new report, i must change the class library.

So in your solution you use a report that only expects parameters, and is the report that make the query with the received parameters, i couldnt find a way in your solution to fill the report with the dataset that i received...
so i have to try something else... or use my solution.

Thanks again for your reply,

Hi Ricardo
Is it possible for you to share your extension?

The solution that you developed seems to be just what i need!

Regards.
Well since I haven't received any response, I developed a solution.

For those who need to provide on-line reports here is a solution.

Enter the Crystal Report parameters and get the PDF report.
João Inácio wrote:
Well since I haven't received any response, I developed a solution.

For those who need to provide on-line reports here is a solution.

Enter the Crystal Report parameters and get the PDF report.
 Hi João Inácio!

I tried using your extension but apparently, the PDF file generated could not be opened (bad file). How do you exactly use this extension? I have created a .rpt file that doesn't have any parameter (just to test the generation) but I still don't have a working PDF. 

Hello,

when I tried to pass parameters, it didn't work because there is a bug in the code.
You have the "crParameterValues.Clear();" after the "crParamenterValues" assign, so it clears the parameters you just assigned. Attached you can find a version with this fix.

Best regards,
Pedro Queiros

Hello,

Can someone explain how to use CrystalReportToPDF.xif extension? 
I have .rpt file made by Crystal Reports, but how to use it?
I have added refference to Service Studio 9,0 then added GeneratePDF action and now I am stuck at input parameter setting. What I should fill to these lines? I am attaching screenshot with part what I did not understand.

Thanks in advance.