Error log at service center

Error log at service center

Hi everyone,

In the preparation of my page if i am not handling the exception, and if the query which i have written in the preparation is resulting the error, for example timeout, can we see the timeout exception in the service center.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Yes.

The exception will be catch by the general error handler, usually in the Common flow of the application and will be logged.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

EDIT: unless you have an exception handler that catches the exception and explicitly say to not log the message: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Implement_Application_Logic/Handle_Exceptions

Thanks Eduardo Jauch,

we are handling an exception in common flow like

will it log the exception at service center?

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hi

You can look into the properties of the exception handler (the green ones with the bolt) and you can see there is a property called 'Log Error'. You can set this to true or false depending if you want them to be logged in service center.

Hope I could help.

Best regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Hi, 

Like Marcelo said, if the property Log Error is set to True (default), it will log the errors. If is set to 'False', it will not.
The links I provided will give you a very good insight on how to handle exceptions in OutSystems.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution