Render a outsystems Container as a html element insteed of the default div

Render a outsystems Container as a html element insteed of the default div

Hello, I was developing an app which uses some common CSS pages and I need to use an element like h1 but I didn't want to use expressions with HTML code so it stays in the OutSystems world and it keeps easy to maintain. Is there any Extended Property that allows the container element, in runtime, to render as h1 instead of a div? Thanks in advance.

Hello João,

Why not create a style and apply it to your container?
Do you really need a h1 element for some reason, or the STYLE of it is enough?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hello Eduardo,

I do need the element to be an h1 element because our style file is re-defining those elements and we can't afford to revamp those styles at the moment, so this is my only option. If isn't possible, I will submit this as an idea, because I think there's value in specifying which HTML element the container will be, to decrease the infection code as max as possible from OutSystems applications.

Hello Joao,

In fact, as far as I remember, to put an h1 in a web page you need to use a non escaped expression.

In mobile it is possible to use the HTML widget that allows you to chose some elements.

I think something in the line of this mobile feature would be nice. :)

Solution

Hi João,

You have the "ostagname" extended property:

Try it.

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi João,

Try it.

Cheers,

José

lol. never knew that...

Well... I didn't knew it until last week :)

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/27930/text-in-border/#Post101828

Cheers,

José

AH!

As far as I know it, I didn't knew this one! lol
Nice! :)

José Costa wrote:

Hi João,

Try it.

Cheers,

José

I've seen this before but I don't remember where and lost track of it. Thanks a lot and kudos to you José.