[Chosen] Chosen - Component Not Working In OutSystems 10

[Chosen] Chosen - Component Not Working In OutSystems 10

Forge Component
(20)
Published on 14 Sep by Jogait
20 votes
Published on 14 Sep by Jogait

Recently upgraded environment to v10.0.x from v9.0.x and upgraded the Chosen component to v1.1.1. The 'Chosen' component no longer functions. Are there additional settings that must be configured in the latest version?

Can you give more details, what happens with the component?

It should work, can you try the sample and see if it works for you (the sample is in P10). 

I found my problem. Not sure how to get around it though. When my page loads and renders, the generic combox gives the impression that Chosen is not functioning properly. However, a simple ajax refresh of the container encompassing the contols brings it to life. I need this 'refresh' to occur when the page loads initially. But as we know, this cannot be done in the Preparation action.

Is there a way to force the Chosen component to initialize itself during the Preparation? Is there some option I need to set? I'm sure this is due to a changes between 9.0.x and 10.0.x because it worked as coded before but I can't find any release notes on it.

Thoughts?  

Solution

Success!!

Moving the Chosen component below the List component in the Widget Tree causes the Chosen component to render properly. It appears as though the newer version requires that the List component be populated BEFORE the Chosen component is rendered. This didn't appear to be a requirement in the older versions. 

Solution