[Simple Reports With PDF] Background Color not displayed in final PDF

[Simple Reports With PDF] Background Color not displayed in final PDF

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 2017-01-05 by Huarlem Lima
10 votes
Published on 2017-01-05 by Huarlem Lima

Hello!

I'm using this component and I realized that the background colors of the DIVs are not being displayed in the final PDF.

Have you experienced this behavior before? Do you know how to overcome it?

Thanks

Hi Hernâni,

The PDF functionality is coming from the HTML2PDF component which in this case is based on the wkhtml2pdf executable.

There is indeed a bug in this utility, which is mentioned also here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25118343/wkhtmltopdf-div-background-color

By adding a !important behind the CSS lines that give the color in your app, you should be able to overcome this issue.

Let us know if this work-around solves your issue.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hello, Remco.

Thanks for your reply. 

I wasn't able to solve the issue. Do you think you can show me an example in a oml?

Thanks

Dekkinga wrote

Hi Hernâni,

The PDF functionality is coming from the HTML2PDF component which in this case is based on the wkhtml2pdf executable.

There is indeed a bug in this utility, which is mentioned also here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25118343/wkhtmltopdf-div-background-color

By adding a !important behind the CSS lines that give the color in your app, you should be able to overcome this issue.

Let us know if this work-around solves your issue.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Hernâni,

Try to use media print query may be it will solve your problem

Like below.

@media print 
{
.class 
{
     background-color: #1a4567 !important;
     -webkit-print-color-adjust: exact;
}
}

But make sure you have to write This piece of code to get background color.

-webkit-print-color-adjust: exact;

Regards,

Pankaj 

Hernâni Fernandes, did the last fix from Pankaj work?

I have a variation of this issue in that the pdf screen comes up the colors, when I print the pdf screen to a pdf file it keeps the colors, but when I download the pdf screen to a pdf it loses the colors from the table records header background and the odd and even lines background.

Has anyone made this work completely?