'CheckNetworkType' Javascript error when debugging mobile app in browser

'CheckNetworkType' Javascript error when debugging mobile app in browser

When debugging our mobile app through the browser, we received the following error on every screen load. There are no explicit implementations of the GetNetworkType or CheckNetworkStatus actions in our flows.

InvalidJavascriptType: Cannot assign a JavaScript undefined with value undefined to an output parameter of type Text Check the JavaScript node 'CheckNetworkType' of the action 'GetNetworkType'.

The error does not occur when running the app on an actual mobile device.

Not a big issue, but it is quite frustrating having the error notification appearing with every screen load whilst debugging and testing.

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Hanno

Solution

Hi Hanno,

New chrome version has introduced some changes. 

You need to install the new version of Silk UI Mobile Patterns to fix it.

Cheers,

Solution

Thank you, Henrique. I will give that go.

Thank you, Henrique. This has indeed solved our issue.

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Hanno,

Cheers,

I have Silk UI Mobile 1.2.1 but still having the error message when running on web. I just added a customized CSS from MobileCustomizer. I dont know what to do. Please help. Thanks

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Hanno,

Cheers,

How do i install a new version of Silk UI MObile Patters?

Do anyone know if this version has impact on existing Silk UI Web Patterns projects?

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response.

To install a new version just go to outsystems.com/forge, search for mobile patterns and install it. You should compare versions first, you can look at the existing one on service center. Also each version as release notes that you can see on the component details on forge.

@André Cardoso, how so? You're asking if updating mobile patterns has impact on silk web patterns?

Cheers,

@Henrique Batista,I mean, If doing it can break the other apps (wich are currently using previous silk web patterns versions.)

Cheers,

Hey, nop!

Mobile and Web patterns don't have dependencies between each other, 2 different apps.

Upgrading one doesn't have impact on the other.

Cheers