[Facebook Connector] Posting to Facebook Page functionality?

[Facebook Connector] Posting to Facebook Page functionality?

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 2017-07-17 by OutSystems R&D
8 votes
Published on 2017-07-17 by OutSystems R&D

Hi, I notice that this plugin does not yet have functionality to post to a facebook page?

I want to do a scheduled video upload to Facebook without any user control (aside first time FB login/setup).

But I notice that Facebook Access Token for User have 2 months expiry, while Facebook Access Token for FB Page can have no expiry.

So I thought of post video to Facebook Page instead of Facebook User's Timeline.

Otherwise, users will need to be reminded to login to Facebook every 2 months.

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Hi, I notice that this plugin does not yet have functionality to post to a facebook page?

I want to do a scheduled video upload to Facebook without any user control (aside first time FB login/setup).

But I notice that Facebook Access Token for User have 2 months expiry, while Facebook Access Token for FB Page can have no expiry.

So I thought of post video to Facebook Page instead of Facebook User's Timeline.

Otherwise, users will need to be reminded to login to Facebook every 2 months.

Hello Harlin,

From what i understand from your question you want to post a video on a Facebook Page Timeline. 

From reading Facebook API documentation, and as far as I know, I understood that you can post a video to a facebook page using the method exposed by the Facebook Graph API by passing the identifier of the timeline (whether it is a User timeline, a page, an event or a group) where you would like to post the video.

I hope this solution answers your question and let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Rui Parente

Hi Rui, 

I'm aware of that Graph API to post to FB Page.

But it's missing in Outsystems Facebook Connector.

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

Hi Rui, 

I'm aware of that Graph API to post to FB Page.

But it's missing in Outsystems Facebook Connector.

Hello Harlin,

In the Facebook Connector, you have the action 'User_AddVideo', where you can use to add video. Once this action doesn't validate the userid and as far as I can see, you can replace the userid by the postid or another id that you want to use.

Hope I could help you. Let me know if it worked.

Cheers,

Magda Pereira