Proper way to update the existing entity

Proper way to update the existing entity

Hi,

I would like to ask if there are a proper procedure to update the existing entity with the excel function?

I have created the entity and import the excel sheet using advanced function.

However there is a update data and I need to reupload to the entity. Usually what I did is to remove the excel sheet from resource and reupload the excel sheet, is this a proper way? because it seem that the entity wasn't being updated to the latest data and I suspect it crash my system.

Please advice. thanks

Hi,

The bootstrap created automatically prevents you to add other records if the table isnt empty. Go to your bootstrap action and check if there isn't a query to the table followed by an if checking if the table is empty and if it the flow leaves the action

Best regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

The bootstrap created automatically prevents you to add other records if the table isnt empty. Go to your bootstrap action and check if there isn't a query to the table followed by an if checking if the table is empty and if it the flow leaves the action

Best regards,

Marcelo

Hi sorry, i don't really understand what you mean? d

Hi Jace, 

You should try import data through excel by browsing excel from your PC. It can easily be implemented in version 10. I don't It is a good idea to keep your excel at resource to do a bootstrap. You always have to keep updated one in case of any changes occur in your excel and have to publish your espace.

Sachin

Hi Jace,

What Marcelo means is that bootstrap into  entity from excel will happen only once i.e. when table is empty. If you delete all records and made table empty and then try bootstrap that will also not work (I think this is the behaviour of bootstrap).

So if you want to update existing entity from excel, as suggested by Sachin, you should do that from browser by selecting file and have screen action with logic to update it or in your advance function (I guess you have written timer) check if entity is empty or not. If not empty proceed further with logic to update an entity.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

(Adding my reply to the duplicate question here:)

Hi Jace,

What you are referring to is meant for one-time bootstrapping of a new entity, not to update it. However, you could modify the logic in the timer that's created to allow updating the data (and possibly first deleting the existing data).

Could you explain what exactly it is that you are having problems with? Anything specific you don't understand the details of?