[Calendar Plugin] FindEvent on iOs. All dates are returned as NullDate()

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2 Jun by OutSystems R&D
2 votes
Published on 2 Jun by OutSystems R&D

We use the calender plugin to communicate with the calendar on iOS.

But it is not working properly. All events retrieved have an empty start and end date.

I pinpointed the problem to the JSONDeserializeCalendarEvent in the PrivateFindEvent action.

The dates returned by FindEventJS do not have a valid ISO-8601 format because the "T" between the date and time parts is missing (instead a space is used) . Therefore the deserialize does not recognize the dates. If I replace the spaces with T-s it does work. 

I have built a workaround by deserializing the dates to Text and convert them in the final assign, but I suppose many people use this plugin. I'm very surprised we have this problem. Anybody any sugggestions what causes this?

Gert-Jan Vernooij wrote:

We use the calender plugin to communicate with the calendar on iOS.

But it is not working properly. All events retrieved have an empty start and end date.

I pinpointed the problem to the JSONDeserializeCalendarEvent in the PrivateFindEvent action.

The dates returned by FindEventJS do not have a valid ISO-8601 format because the "T" between the date and time parts is missing (instead a space is used) . Therefore the deserialize does not recognize the dates. If I replace the spaces with T-s it does work. 

I have built a workaround by deserializing the dates to Text and convert them in the final assign, but I suppose many people use this plugin. I'm very surprised we have this problem. Anybody any sugggestions what causes this?

How did you do the replacing exactly ...??? I'm quite new to this, so maybe you could help me out :-D