[Advanced Excel] Cannot store data as Integer/Decimal with Cell_WriteByIndex

[Advanced Excel] Cannot store data as Integer/Decimal with Cell_WriteByIndex

Forge Component
(40)
Published on 8 Oct by Hanno
40 votes
Published on 8 Oct by Hanno

I'm using this component to generate a new Excel file and I need to store data as a Decimal or Integer. In this moment the only option we have is to store data as text and it's causing me problems. 

The action: Cell_WriteByIndex has a property to change the cell type but it doesn't seem to work out properly.

Any help would be apreciated.

Ps: The action properties CellValue and CellType are not doing the job correctly. CellType is where we define the content to be stored and CellValue is where we define the data type (not working though)

Hi Pedro

You should switch the values for the CellType and CellValue parameters. The CellType should be "Integer" and the CellValue should be 213.

Hanno

Pedro Tavares wrote:

I'm using this component to generate a new Excel file and I need to store data as a Decimal or Integer. In this moment the only option we have is to store data as text and it's causing me problems. 

The action: Cell_WriteByIndex has a property to change the cell type but it doesn't seem to work out properly.

Ps: The action properties CellValue and CellType are not doing the job correctly. CellType is where we define the content to be stored and CellValue is where we define the data type (not working though)

Hi, Pedro. Have you been able to resolve your issue?

Pedro Tavares wrote:

Hi, Pedro.

We have published a new version of the extension that should fix this bug. Please test and see if this resolves your issue.

Hanno