[Google Maps Mobile] Indoor Map

[Google Maps Mobile] Indoor Map

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 11 Oct by Labs
11 votes
Published on 11 Oct by Labs

Hi,

I looked everywhere in the Google Maps Plugin but could not find a way to make indoor maps visible when zooming in, while using this plugin. I have tried to add a JavaScript on MapInitialized event using Google Documentation(

this.mapview.googleMap.setIndoorEnabled(true);
            this.mapview.googleMap.getUiSettings().setIndoorLevelPickerEnabled(true);

) and online sources to make this functionality appear but had no luck. Is there a way to make the indoor functionality with building level indicator to appear on Google Maps mobile plugin for Android? (sample screenshot of the function from official google map application for android)

Sina Kh wrote:

Hi,

I looked everywhere in the Google Maps Plugin but could not find a way to make indoor maps visible when zooming in, while using this plugin. I have tried to add a JavaScript on MapInitialized event using Google Documentation(

) and online sources to make this functionality appear but had no luck. Is there a way to make the indoor functionality with building level indicator to appear on Google Maps mobile plugin for Android? (sample screenshot of the function from official google map application for android)

Hello Sina, 

Is your question related to the Google Maps Mobile or the Google Maps Plugin? I'm asking this because they're two different components from Forge.

Google Maps Mobile is a JavaScript component. I search a little bit about having that functionality in this component, and I think that doesn't work.  My advice is, if you are using this component, search by Indoor Views properties to add in the AdvancedOptions (that are available as an input parameter of the component).  

Google Maps Plugin is a cordova plugin. My research redirected me to the Google Maps Android API, so I would risk saying that the functionality that you want to implement only works with this component.

Cheers,

Magda Pereira

Magda Pereira wrote:

Sina Kh wrote:

Hi,

Hello Sina, 

Is your question related to the Google Maps Mobile or the Google Maps Plugin? I'm asking this because they're two different components from Forge.

Google Maps Mobile is a JavaScript component. I search a little bit about having that functionality in this component, and I think that doesn't work.  My advice is, if you are using this component, search by Indoor Views properties to add in the AdvancedOptions (that are available as an input parameter of the component).  

Google Maps Plugin is a cordova plugin. My research redirected me to the Google Maps Android API, so I would risk saying that the functionality that you want to implement only works with this component.

Cheers,

Magda Pereira

Hi Magda

Thank you for your reply. I was using Google Maps Mobile. 

Actually, I have tried what you mentioned, but it seems the Google Map API v3 does not support indoor maps yet, only the native Android map will support that. For some reason this function is yet to become available and it is in the developers request list (from Google) since August 2016. I found about it when I did another research on this topic.  

Cheers

Sina