Silk UI Control Video

Silk UI Control Video

Hi,

Anyone have tried on using the Silk UI Control Video widget?

I have put into my web screen and set auto play but it does not play and not sure what is the problem.

Hi Jace,

You're gonna have to give us more details. How are you using the widget's "SourceFile" property? Is the video a resource in your eSpace?

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Hi Jace,

You're gonna have to give us more details. How are you using the widget's "SourceFile" property? Is the video a resource in your eSpace?

Hi,

The source file property i set it to youtube to do some testing. Not video from my eSpace

Solution

Well there's your problem. The "SouceFile" property has to be a URL to a direct video file, and not a YouTube URL. Take a look here.

Solution

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Well there's your problem. The "SouceFile" property has to be a URL to a direct video file, and not a YouTube URL. Take a look here.

Hi,

Thanks. Noted on this. Do you have any sample direct video file to share that i can use to do testing on my side?

Hi, I can upload video but when i input the video widget it prompts for a source file. I put fliename (text) as binary data is showing error. How do i upload a video and play it on the web as content provider. 

Thank you

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

From what I could understand, you have video files stored as binary data in the database and now want to play those video files, right?

A possible approach is to create a page that receives the necessary input parameters, gets the video content from the DB and downloads it. The page's preparation would look something like this:

Then, in the page that will actually play the video, the Video widget's "SourceFile" property would be an expression pointing to your download page. Something like this:

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Hi Kelvin,

From what I could understand, you have video files stored as binary data in the database and now want to play those video files, right?

A possible approach is to create a page that receives the necessary input parameters, gets the video content from the DB and downloads it. The page's preparation would look something like this:

Then, in the page that will actually play the video, the Video widget's "SourceFile" property would be an expression pointing to your download page. Something like this:

Hi Santos,

I am trying to play the video straight from the DB itself. Is it possible to put that into the sourcefile instead? sorry still quite new to outsystems.

Thank you,

Kelvin

I don’t know what exactly you mean by “sourcefile”, but using the method I’ve described you can play videos stored in the database.

You’ll have two screens: one to play the video and another one to pull it from the database.

Give it a try and let me know if you need any help.

Aurelio Santos wrote:

I don’t know what exactly you mean by “sourcefile”, but using the method I’ve described you can play videos stored in the database.

You’ll have two screens: one to play the video and another one to pull it from the database.

Give it a try and let me know if you need any help.

Hi Santos,

I tried the method but it say invalid source still. Have attached a word doc of my preparation. Please let me know if there is any error in it.

Thank you. Kelvin

Can you show me the Preparation of your "ViewVideos" screen?

Aurelio Santos wrote:

Can you show me the Preparation of your "ViewVideos" screen?

Hi Santos,

Here it is. Thanks

You're missing the "Download" element, like I showed in this image:

Aurelio Santos wrote:

You're missing the "Download" element, like I showed in this image:

Hi Santos,

Ok the download works, but i was wondering if that video could be played on the ViewVideos page instead of downloading the video.

It seems that you haven't quite understood the solution I've proposed. You have to create a new webscreen to download the videos. So the download code has to be placed in the Preparation of this new webscreen.

Aurelio Santos wrote:

It seems that you haven't quite understood the solution I've proposed. You have to create a new webscreen to download the videos. So the download code has to be placed in the Preparation of this new webscreen.

Hi Santos,

I do know what you trying to mean. It works when i set the option to no for downloads a new pop-up screen will appear and play the video. Was just wondering if there is a way to not pop up and play straight away. I can download the videos too. Thanks for the help :)

I don't quite understand what is it that you're trying to achieve. Can you share your OML?

Aurelio Santos wrote:

I don't quite understand what is it that you're trying to achieve. Can you share your OML?

Hi Santos,

So from uploadVideo screen -> i go to viewVideos. That's where i want the video to be played.

Currently its opening a windows media player to play the video.

Thanks

You can't have the Video widget and the download in the same screen, they have to be in separate screens.

Here's a sample I just put together.

Aurelio Santos wrote:

You can't have the Video widget and the download in the same screen, they have to be in separate screens.

Here's a sample I just put together.

Hi Santos,

Thanks, i got the idea. 

Sorry 1 question, if my video is only my desktop and i don want to upload it. How do i provide the path for the video location?

Hi Kelvin,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but take a moment to think about what you're asking. You have a Web Application running on a remote server and video files stored in your computer. How can the application "see" those files unless you upload them to the server?

The only way this could work would be if your own computer were also a server, exposing the video files to the local network/internet.

Hi Santos,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes i get what u mean after thinking through. Thanks for the help, the video widget is working as intended :)