Extensions...How to not overwrite?

Extensions...How to not overwrite?

Hi, I've got an extension called File Management, which is in use by several apps, and would like to keep it, since it's working as expected...

Anyway, it seems you have an upgrade for this extension, called File System, because when i try to install the latter, the first is overwritten, and since the actions are in different number and names, the e-Spaces get misconfigured, and get a lot of trouble....

So I would like to work with files with the latter extension in some apps i'm developing, but can't figure out how to do it without overwrite the older one....(Why can't i have a file system and a file management extension separately?)

Best Regards,

Diogo CS Cordeiro

Hi Diogo,

The OutSystems Platform promotes the use of the latest components in your factory and as such you should update your eSpaces to use the latest version of the File Systems Extension. Though this implies more effort upfront in upgrades, it minimizes long term maintenance hugely by minimizing the exponential configurations you might end up having otherwise.

If you have older applications that are stable and you don't want to change, then you can create a Solution for that application and create a Solution version over the stable version. This Solution version will take a snapshot of all the specific versions of eSpaces and Extensions and allows you to rollback (ie, Publish) to that point in time.

To do this, log into Service Center, go to the Factory tab and select the Solutions sub item. In that screen you can click the "New Solution" link to create a new Solution. Afterwards, add the Components (eSpaces and Extensions) that form your Solution and press the "Create Version" button to take the snapshot.

If you just want to rollback your File System Extension to an older version, go to Service Center, browse throughout the Extension page and press the "Publish" button near the older version. To get to this page, click the "Extensions" sub item under the "Factory" tab, and click the "File System" Extension link.

Hope this helps,

Rodrigo Castelo