How to use imf file

How to use imf file

Hi, I want to use "Advanced Excel" widget. I have used only oml file, I don't understand how  to use xif file.

I'm sorry to be not good at English.

Hi Toshiya,

What is an IMF file? What are you trying to do with it?

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Toshiya,

What is an IMF file? What are you trying to do with it?

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

I'm sorry to mistake the word. I want to know how to use "xif" file.

"xif" is extension.

Solution

Hi Toshiya,

Please, ignore the comment above as it is SPAN

It is easier to install an extension directly from forge. To do that, open Service Studio and connect to your environment.

In the first tab (black one), connect to forge (provide community user and pass), search the extension, click it and install it. Than it is a matter of use it :)

Or, you can open Integration Studio, connect to your environment, open the XIF file, and verify (finishing by publishing). The extension module will be in the Independent Modules, as it will not be associated with any application, but you can still use it.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Hi Toshiya,

You use XIF files (called Extension Modules in OutSystems) the same way you use any OML file (called eSpace Modules in OutSystems), by referencing it from your own eSpace modules:

• Publish the Extension or eSpace in your environment
  • Open the eSpace module where you want to use the functionality from the Extension or eSpace you just published 
  • Click on the Manage Dependencies... button on the toolbar.
  • From the left-side Producers pane choose the module (Extension or eSpace) you want to reference (make sure you're Showing All producers)
  • From the right-side Public Elements pane choose the elements you wish to use (Actions, Entities, Web Blocks, Roles, etc...) and click OK (make sure you're Showing All public elements)
  • The public elements you selected will now be available for you to use in your module

As far as I know, the Advanced Excel component does not provide any UI widgets, but it does provide you with Actions you can use in your logic.

Hope this helps!

I'm sorry to delay to reply.

Thank you for reply. I try it!