Upload and show video

I'm not getting how the upload video works or its not working;

I'm saving the file content and the file name, and the feature to show the video asks for a text, than im putting the file name, is this right?

Hi Vinicius,

What are you using? The upload file widget from the platform to upload the video and the SilkUi widget Controls/Video to display the video? If that is the case this silk ui control requires the video location to display the video. So you will need to save the file for instance to filesystem and pass the location of the file I think.

Hope it helps.

Ana

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

What are you using? The upload file widget from the platform to upload the video and the SilkUi widget Controls/Video to display the video? If that is the case this silk ui control requires the video location to display the video. So you will need to save the file for instance to filesystem and pass the location of the file I think.

Hope it helps.

Ana

The filesystem works for mobile? Im doing this on mobile...

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

Hope it helps.

Ana

Hi Ana,

Isn't the video location saved in the DB already? 

For example 1: From upload, the video is on desktop on the widget source path i set to desktop location?

For example 2: You mentioned filesystem, does it mean my entity table for the video should contain FileSystem, FileContent (Binary Data), FileName (Text), FileType (Text)?

Thank you,

Kelvin

Vinicius Schonardie wrote:

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

Hope it helps.

Ana

The filesystem works for mobile? Im doing this on mobile...

Hi Ana or Anyone that can help us,

I'm working in a similar case as Vinicius.

Here we are using the upload component and the Interaction\Video component.

When we click the upload component it open camera of device and record the video very well.

The problem occur when we try to see the video in the Interaction\Video component. The Interaction\Video not shows the recorded video, maybe because this components needs an URL for SourceFile, and we don't know how to get an URL that will work in any Device (iOS, Android).

We will apreciate if anybody can help us to get the url from the upload component to watch the recorded video in Interaction\Video component.

Regards,

Heleno

Hello all

Any one reached a solution here specially in IOS capture the video then use it?