[iText2] Intellectual Property Error 

[iText2] Intellectual Property Error 

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 2017-09-06 by Douglas Lima
7 votes
Published on 2017-09-06 by Douglas Lima

Hi Guys,

Spent quite a bit of time setting up integration studio for this extension and as soon as I got it uploading it gives me the Intellectual Property Error.

Please help.

@DouglasLima

Hi Werner,

Did you try to passed it throw Outsystems IPP? https://www.outsystems.com/homeIpp/IPP_Page.aspx

Hi Werner Kotze

It's a bit strange, because I published by FORGE, then the IPP code should be cleaned. Try to do what Ana Reis said, if didn't work, let's us know.

Douglas Lima wrote:

Hi Werner Kotze

It's a bit strange, because I published by FORGE, then the IPP code should be cleaned. Try to do what Ana Reis said, if didn't work, let's us know.

Okay so I tried doing what Ana said & I got an email that said:

"The Intellectual Property rights of the application(s) you requested could not be granted due to a rule that prevents uploading solutions from a Personal to an Enterprise environment."

Hwllo Werner.

If you installed the component from forge in your personal, it is not possible to download it and install on any other environment.

If you need to install in on an enterprise setup, you need to install the component from forge and redo any changes you did in personal directly into the new environment.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hwllo Werner.

If you installed the component from forge in your personal, it is not possible to download it and install on any other environment.

If you need to install in on an enterprise setup, you need to install the component from forge and redo any changes you did in personal directly into the new environment.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Jauch,

I just installed the component and used the exact same settings in the options and now the extension is giving me an  compiler error. I just don't get it, exact same extension, exact same settings as my personal one which is compiling. I doesn't make any sense to me.

Hi Werner, 

How are you doing this? Like, how are you installing the component?
Are you going to the OutSystems tab in Service Studio, connecting to forge and than searching and installing module? Or are you downloading it and trying to install by yourself using Integration Studio?

The first option will give you the component installed directly in the environment and shouldn't cause any problem.

What is the error message? What are you doing exactly?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Werner, 

How are you doing this? Like, how are you installing the component?
Are you going to the OutSystems tab in Service Studio, connecting to forge and than searching and installing module? Or are you downloading it and trying to install by yourself using Integration Studio?

The first option will give you the component installed directly in the environment and shouldn't cause any problem.

What is the error message? What are you doing exactly?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Jauch,

When I try to install the component from service studio it doesn't give the option to install the module only to open it. 

Solution

Hello Werner,

Did you notice that this extension is for Java stack only?

Your personal is Dot Net. So if it is working, you probably have installed the version 1, that seems to work on both stacks (or was a mistake in the component configuration).

Are you trying to install the version 1 or a newer version?

Solution

Hi Jauch,

It seems like this was the solution, I used version one and it's working! Thank you so much for your help.

I don't know how it worked with the newer version before but that's not important right now.

Kind Regards

Werner