Debugging mobile apps directly in mobile devices

Debugging mobile apps directly in mobile devices

Hi everybody.

The last Service Studio release notes mentioned 

• It is now possible to debug mobile apps directly in mobile devices by connecting the devices to Service Studio with a USB cable. (RAFT-852)

I have installed it but didn't find any option to to that. I could not find any article to help us how that is done.

Does anybody here have some instrutions to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Luciano Guimaraes

Solution

Hi Luciano,

When you have a mobile app opened in Service Studio, you can click the Debug tab. It will give you the following options:

The link that is shown "Learn more about debugging" will take you to a page that explains how to set up your PC and device for debugging.

Solution

Hi Kilian! So simple!

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Luciano Guimaraes

Hi Luciano,

Always simple if you know how :). Happy debugging :).

Kilian, I'm also trying to use mobile debugging but when I click the Debug tab I'm not able to get the options you showed.  I'm only getting the Debug in the public area option.  Ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?  Thanks!

-- Joel

Hi Joel,

"Debugging in the public area" is for web apps. The options above are available for mobile apps.

Right.  On my mobile app I'm not able to get to the Debug Setup options you show.  I don't know why I can't.

Joel,

What is your Platform version and your Service Studio version? Mobile debugging hasn't been available for very long.

Kilian,

I'm using Service Studio 10.0.704.0, and Personal environment Development mode Version 10.0.702.0.

JM Ackerman wrote:

Kilian,

I'm using Service Studio 10.0.704.0, and Personal environment Development mode Version 10.0.702.0.

Hi JM Ackerman,

The feature to debug using the mobile device (along with the pane) was made available for Development Environment 10.0.707.0 (you can check it in the release notes). 

Download that version (or a more recent one) and share your feedback :)

Regards,

António Pereira

Thank you!  That was the problem.  I'm now able to do the mobile debugging.  I'm very impressed with the capability.  This will make a HUGE difference in productivity and speed of development.  I'm looking forward to lots of happy debugging.  Thanks again!

-- Joel

Thanks for the feedback Joel, and happy debuging :)

Glad I could helpResultado de imagem para smile emoji Happy bug hunting! 

Gotta Catch 'Em All!