[Google Drive Connector] Connection to service account

[Google Drive Connector] Connection to service account

Forge Component
(35)
Published on 26 Sep (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
35 votes
Published on 26 Sep (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

Anyone has any idea whether would be possible to use the Google Drive Connector to login in the Google Service Account instead of getting/passing tokens? We would like to avoid the users to access/login with their own Google credentials but instead use a company Google account to access the shared documents.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same question - I got the Demo to work - but this only connects to a person's existing Google Drive.

HOWEVER, in my company, we have customer files stored in Google Drive where only certain employees can see them. What I NEED in my app that our customers use is the ability for the customer to interact with files that are within the folder that we created for them.

Basically, Google Drive is a big shared file system under one account and I need my app to be able to access the given client's folders without an additional per-user Google account required.

Make sense?

Rok Strukelj wrote:

Hi,

Anyone has any idea whether would be possible to use the Google Drive Connector to login in the Google Service Account instead of getting/passing tokens? We would like to avoid the users to access/login with their own Google credentials but instead use a company Google account to access the shared documents.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rok & Bruce,

Sorry for the late answer. The Google Drive Connector, as it is right now doesn't support authentication through Google Service Account, since it only supports client-to-server authentication, which means it requires the login of each user with their credentials to be able to access the files. 

The way to implement an authentication based on service accounts changes from service to service, but from our own experience the necessary modifications to make it work, can take from 1 to 2 weeks to implement it. At the moment, there are no plans from our side to make an update to the connector in order to support authentication through Google Service Accounts.

For the Google service, you can find more information at: https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2ServiceAccount

Any other questions you may have, we'll answer as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Félix Barros