Multilingual suport: problem with encoding

Multilingual suport: problem with encoding

Dear all,

Have some of you faced the similar problem:

I'm trying to create an eSpace with default language Russian. OmlResourcies.exe works fine, but when i'm trying to use Russian characters i'm getting something like "#?@02;5=85 @0AAK;:0<8"
I guess the default encoding supposed to be UTF-8.

The funny thing that sometimes it displays Russian correct. But it happens rarely, and might be one sentence correct, others wrong.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Hi Anastasia,

Welcome to our community, I hope you have a good time using the OutSystems Platform!
As for the issue you are describing, can you post a small example so that I can take a look?

Thanks,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago,

Attaching a small example.
mm-ok: The working russian site, when russian is not the default locale (not comfortable for development);
mm-not-ok: Russian is a default locale. Problems with encoding, and saving.

Thanks,
Anastasia Rodichkina
Hi Anastasia,

Yes, you are right, OutSystems Service Studio itself has some problems with encoding and I have forwarded your examples to our support team. I guess you have already found the workaround of working in an ascii-compliant language like English and using resources to do the translation. As you say this is not a very comfortable way to work with, but we hope to have that fixed in a future version.

As a side note I'm not sure you use this, but there are 3rd party tools like Passolo that can help in the translation process.

Kind Regards,
Tiago Simões

Thanks a lot, Tiago!