generate war file

generate war file

Is there any possiblity to generate a war file instead of oml file, which should be deployed in any of servers i.e, tomcat, jboss ...

Hello naveen,

No, it isn't.

Why would you want to do something like that? Just curious. :)

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Naveen, 

Applications developed in service studio will be having .Oml extension and that is not possible. May be you can check detachment process of Outsystems if you need war files. 

Thanks and Regards, 

Suraj Borade 

Solution

Hi Naveen,

The oml is not a final product, it's just an xml file with a secure layer around it. This file is uploaded on an OutSystems server and there it will be deployed to a front-end. At this point the wars, jars, etc. are being build. There is a way to extract the compiled code to run it in a separate environment, but you need to ask OutSystems to turn this option on in your license. 

My suggestion is to only use these generated files as an escape clause when you want to leave OS or when you want to do a security check on the compiled source code. When using the source code on an unsupported platform you will not be able to request for help from the OutSystems team in case of problems. 

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Solution

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Naveen,

The oml is not a final product, it's just an xml file with a secure layer around it. This file is uploaded on an OutSystems server and there it will be deployed to a front-end. At this point the wars, jars, etc. are being build. There is a way to extract the compiled code to run it in a separate environment, but you need to ask OutSystems to turn this option on in your license. 

My suggestion is to only use these generated files as an escape clause when you want to leave OS or when you want to do a security check on the compiled source code. When using the source code on an unsupported platform you will not be able to request for help from the OutSystems team in case of problems. 

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Thanks Remco. I was not aware about this info.