How to Display Record of Record list.

How to Display Record of Record list.

Hi All,

I am facing some issues with displaying data . Below is the scenario.

I have record(Say AAA). Which is having multiple Records of same type(BB).  And Each BB will having multiple records and all r same type (C).  

So my question is how can i show data of record list of record lists.

Please help me , If you have any solution for this.

Hi Rocky,

So, you have a relationship of 1 to n between AAA and BB, and 1 to n between BB and C?
What exactly you want to show? And how you want to show it?

The easier way is to use web blocks to show lists inside lists in the screen. But this is usually bad because of performance.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Yeah, you could use a list widget to show a list of BB within AAA.

In this list you place a webblock with an input for BB.id.

In the preparation of this webblock you get the BB and all the C associated with it.

Repeat the step above until you can show all data.

As stated before, this will cause you to do alot of queries, compared to 1 (which gathers all the data), and using a list as input in a webblock/screen is very inefficient.

As an alternative, which might work depending on your usecase, you could query for AAA-BB-C, so you have one record per C, sorted by AAA, BB and C in that order, then not show BB if it's equal to the previous BB, and same for AAA.

Hi Killan, Claring, Eduardo Jauch,

Thank you all three of you for your great response.  I did it using web blocks . But getting styling issue. 

thanks,

Rocky

Rocky Raki wrote:

Hi Killan, Claring, Eduardo Jauch,

Thank you all three of you for your great response.  I did it using web blocks . But getting styling issue. 

thanks,

Rocky

Hi Rock,

Styling issues you solve through CSS. Just inspect the page, test changes (like margins, paddings, borders, etc) in the HTML elements and find the right selectors to put in the application CSS.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch