ossys_espace_screen table missing in (System)

ossys_espace_screen table missing in (System)

Hi hi,

Would there be a reason the ossys_espace_screen table is missing in (System) when I look in manage dependencies? I see other system tables like espace and espace_reference etc, but not the espace screens, only in the database.

Otherwise I would need to create an extension, but that doesn't seem logical. 

Regards,

Wilko

Hi Wilko,

Not every OutSystems Metadata tables are available to direct access. The reason is probably because there should not be the requirement of accessing those tables, except on very particular cases, and for those cases you can use an extension (just like you said).

Can you tell us, what are your requirements?

Best regards,

João Nobre

João hi,

We have a generic query builder and excel export, ssrs reporting and mailing functionality, we want to link that to the screen the user is on, so the user only sees the exports configured for that page. I need some way to configure which queries are linked to what pages, so the functionality can make the switch automatically. Accessing the list of screens would make that configuration possible. Otherwise I need to build something in every page that identifies the page and displays the queries based on the page identification. That we try to prevent.

Regards,

Wilko

Heya wilko,

Besides the fact "generic" is somewhat disturbing due to the fact that you are not using the full capability of the low-code environment called Outsystems. I mean, Aggregates are there for a reason.

You can use OutDoc to extract the screens if you need them.

You can perhaps also check the discovery component  and you will find your the thing that wil help you perhaps.

Hi J.,

Probably i didn't explain the generic part sufficiently. It is generic in the sense that client can define it's own 'queries' based on changing information needs from the business side, which are hard to capture design time, and they don't want to go back to source code changes each time new information needs arise. That part works fine and is not the point of the question. Client wants users to see which 'queries' have been configured before, linked to the subject page the user is working on. For that I need something, for which I was looking for something that is extensible without additional coding, regardless of how fast that will be with the platform.

Please consider the case closed.

Regards,

Wilko

Hi,

If you want the page name you can, get the URL (ex. function GetBookmarkableURL()) and do some work on it (with Substr and index) to obtain only the page name.

Best regards,

João Nobre