Is there a way to disable/block web app?

Is there a way to disable/block web app?

  

Hi Outsystems-friends,

I have noticed that when you build and generate your OutSystems mobile application (running in the cloud) that there is also a version accessible on the web via the development path / appname.

Is it possible to hide/disable/block this for webviewers so the screens are only accessible via the generated app? 

The reason for this is that we would like to "In-House" distribute our app and don't want our login screen to be exposed on the WWW.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jasper

Hi Jasper,

The PreviewInDevices is a System component.

You can disable the PreviewInDevices in production by setting the AvailableInProductionMode Site Property to False (which is its default value):

In development, from what I know, you cannot.

Cheers,

José

Hi! 

You may try to redirect the users using a non phone device to a screen which do not let them do anything. 

 I made a little experience using using the "OnInitialize" action from "login" screen and seems to work. 

Regards

Graça 

José Costa wrote:

Hi Jasper,

The PreviewInDevices is a System component.

You can disable the PreviewInDevices in production by setting the AvailableInProductionMode Site Property to False (which is its default value):

In development, from what I know, you cannot.

Cheers,

José

Unfortunately this only targets the OutSystems Now preview........actually what I mean is the web app, which is packaged as an 'native' app for iOS/Android but is also available via the web. I would like to block the web version and only allow users to use the mobile packaged app.


Hi Jasper,

I was under the impression that an app generated with production certificates didn't allow you to access through a browser, but I'm not sure.

You can always see if the cordova is instantiated on your layout, and if not redirect the user.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Jasper,

I was under the impression that an app generated with production certificates didn't allow you to access through a browser, but I'm not sure.

You can always see if the cordova is instantiated on your layout, and if not redirect the user.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Ok thanks, but how do I check the cordova initiation?


Solution

Jasper Oudenaarden wrote:

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Jasper,

I was under the impression that an app generated with production certificates didn't allow you to access through a browser, but I'm not sure.

You can always see if the cordova is instantiated on your layout, and if not redirect the user.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Ok thanks, but how do I check the cordova initiation?


The CommonPlugin exposes a public action "IsCordovaDefined".

Or, you can add a javascript node with something like typeof(cordova) === "undefined" binded to an output parameter.

Cheers


Solution

Thanks Henrique for your advice!