Colors in legend differs from column color in graph

Colors in legend differs from column color in graph

Hi All,

I’ve build a column graph for the web and (native) mobile app. Both web and app use the same action to get the data for the graph and to set the right color for each dataserie. As can be seen in below pictures the web shows the legend correctly, but the legend in the app doesn’t show the correct colours. Very strange, as both components are getting the same input. Anyone seen this behaviour? Is this a bug?

The "hiding" of the zero measurements is also handled differently. In the web the series is made white (setting the color of the datapoint) and also in the legend. In the app this is shown as "series 4".

Web :

App:

Someone has an idea?

Cheers,

Menno

Well, the web charts have been riddled with bugs, so I'd tentively say this is yet another one. What happens on mobile if you do not set the series colours explicitly? Does the legend match up then?

Yep, that works. The colors in the legend remains the same, but do match with the columns color. And the "hiding" of the series doesn't work either. Any experience with putting everything (series, etc.) in the advanced format or isn't that also not working?

I'm not sure I would go there, perhaps as a last resort. First, I would use the Debug Chart, so you can mess around with the actual JSON sent to HighCharts, to see if you can make it work.

(Also, why are you two Menno Hoogsteens? Split personality? :))

Aha, that's because of a customer account, that's all. Support is looking at this issue. Another thing is, that when you don't specify any colors, the colors between web and mobile are also different.   

It's time the mobile and web team discuss this together...  

Menno Hoogsteen wrote:

Aha, that's because of a customer account, that's all. Support is looking at this issue. Another thing is, that when you don't specify any colors, the colors between web and mobile are also different.   

It's time the mobile and web team discuss this together...  

Hi @Menno Hoogsteen, 

I'm having this exact issue. Do you have any news from Outsystems support about this issue?

Cheers,

Guilherme