select2 multiple selection

select2 multiple selection

Hi guys, can anyone help me how to do this? in select2 widget?

thanks in advance

-Daryl Tejares

Hi Daryl,

Can you give more information: What do yo u want to find?

regards,

IB

I Box wrote:

Hi Daryl,

Can you give more information: What do yo u want to find?

regards,

IB

hi IB, I want the select2 to have a multiple selection, can you help me? 

thanks,

- Daryl

hi Daryl,

I am sorry I cannot try as my version has been the newest one, but the select2 application is obsolete:

regards,

IB

Hi Daryl,

You need to put a list and give a name to it. After that you put the select2 widget and link it through the Widget Id. 

Luciano Schiavo wrote:

Hi Daryl,

You need to put a list and give a name to it. After that you put the select2 widget and link it through the Widget Id. 

Okay thank, I'll try that.

Luciano Schiavo wrote:

Hi Daryl,

Just to be clear, this behaviour of Select2 is only for List Boxes, for Combo Boxes it provides search capabilities, but allows only one selection.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Luciano Schiavo wrote:

Hi Daryl,

Just to be clear, this behaviour of Select2 is only for List Boxes, for Combo Boxes it provides search capabilities, but allows only one selection.

I'll use list box, but can I remove the tags and limit it to one input?

Hi Daryl,

The behaviour will be like you have on your first screenshot. You will be presented with one single "text box" where you can type in and auto-complete values from a list, and each time you select one it will be shown on the "text box" with the possibility of removing it.

Look & feel you will be able to change through CSS, just inspect the rendered element and see which classes you need to override.