[XML Manipulation Utils] Advantages these function vs platform xml functions

[XML Manipulation Utils] Advantages these function vs platform xml functions

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2017-11-19 by Gonçalo Martins
5 votes
Published on 2017-11-19 by Gonçalo Martins

Some of the functions in the list('XmlElement_SelectNodes' and 'XmlElement_SelectSingleNode') are also function in the XML component that is a platform component. Are there advantage for these function in this component or not?

Is there an overview which functions are additional (so not available in the XML platform component) and which are not?

Kind regards,
Evert

Evert van der Zalm wrote:

Some of the functions in the list('XmlElement_SelectNodes' and 'XmlElement_SelectSingleNode') are also function in the XML component that is a platform component. Are there advantage for these function in this component or not?

Is there an overview which functions are additional (so not available in the XML platform component) and which are not?

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi Evert.

My idea on this is to collect all the methods related to XML manipulation I ever needed to implement and have my own library to share with the community. So it's a small project to grow smoothly and have all methods in one place. About the methods you mentioned, there's only a different implementation of the method, you can still use the one from the platform if you prefer since this component is only to the share my stuff and not to make people use it or even compare to others.

Regards,

GM

Hello Goncalo,

I was just curious what would be the advantage of using 'not supported' forge components functionalities that are also available on the platform and by this also supported.

So it was more the question if these functions do something more then the default platform ones.

Kind regards,
Evert